Dr. Breen uses digital dental X-rays to provide better dental care and more accurate diagnoses.
How it works
- With the digital method, a technician glides a small sensor around inside your mouth.
- The images instantly pop up on a computer screen in the exam room.
- The digital images can then be enlarged and manipulated, which give us a better understanding for what’s going on inside your mouth.
- The process of digitally capturing an image is much faster, safer and more comfortable for you.
- We have a state-of-the-art Digital Panoramic x-ray machine which allows us increased ability to view full dentition including wisdom teeth, TMJ and any abnormalities that could be present.
- Our patients say they can more easily understand a treatment recommendation because they get a good look at the problem when it is enlarged on the screen in front of them.
- The digital dental X-ray system is also more sensitive than dental X-ray film systems, so your exposure to radiation from X-rays is cut by as much as 80-90%.